Top tips on how to make the most of the exhibition
1. Register in Advance This can help save so much time when you arrive at the show. If you haven’t already done so, you can register for free here.
2. Plan in Advance One of the most important things to do is to plan in advance. The exhibition hall is laid out well to ensure you can visit all of our wonderful exhibitors, but it’s great to have a plan in place. Have an idea of what type of products or services you are looking for. Once you have the necessities mapped out, you can start researching other areas you might want to explore. Have a look at the Exhibitor List and pin point the Exhibitors that you definitely don’t want to miss out. This list allows you to narrow your search too if you are looking for specific areas such as “Primary”, “Maths” etc.
3. Plan how you will Navigate Start in the corner and go along and up the aisles (snake up and along the aisles), that way you won’t miss anything.
4. Arrive Early The Scottish Learning Festival is a busy and popular event.
5. Make use of the Show Guide The Show Guide that you will receive at the show has the full Exhibition Floorplan included. Use this as your map to visit the exhibitors you noted and visit them in order of who you would come across first on your travels. Once you have them marked on the floorplan you might find a more useful route to take! It is also handy later in the year if you are looking for other things.
6. Visiting an Exhibitor Make appointments with exhibitors in advance so you have ample time to discuss business, this also helps to make sure they are free to speak with you. Write down everything that you need to discuss with them as you might not get another chance to visit their stand again at the show.
7. Make time for something new Set some time aside to walk around the hall and look for fresh ideas. Make sure you take note of every supplier and product that you like, there will be a lot to take in so it easy to forget, take any leaflets or brochures that they offer so you have something to refer back to. You can always refer back to www.scottishlearningfestival.com for any company information or a reminder of who you may have visited.
8. Take Advantage Whilst you are in the Exhibition Hall, take full advantage of everything on offer. Throughout the show several of our Exhibitors will be hosting their own interactive seminars. You can see a full schedule here of our Exhibitor Seminar Theatre. There is also the new feature of the Village Green which is a talking shop within the RIC village to share good practice and hear more about the great ideas and progress being made.
9. Best Attire for a busy day Wear something comfortable, particularly on your feet!
10. Make time to refuel It’s a busy festival with lots going and we know you will want to squeeze in as much as you can. There are catering facilities within the exhibition and the SEC for you to catch up with colleagues and have food and refreshments.
Scottish Learning Festival Online
Scottish Education Expo SEC Exhibition Way Glasgow G3 8YW